WELCOME TO WESTLAKE TEXAS
The Town of Westlake is home to several communities, all of which share a commitment to excellence but possess unique character and charm:
- Aspen Lane
- Glenwyck Farms
- Mahotea Boone - Westlake's oldest subdivision, having been platted about 1978, Mahotea Boone has fourteen lots, eleven of which currently have older homes. It is zoned for minimum two acre lots and appears to be redeveloping with larger homes. The developer was Bill Boone, who named the street after his grandmother.
- Paigebrooke Farms
- Stagecoach Hills - In this 30-house subdivision, airplanes are almost as common as cars. The subdivision's name comes from its location on an old stagecoach trail from Keller to Denton.
- Terra Bella - Terra Bella is a 28 lot, 54.7 acre, gated Planned Development subdivision with a 22.6 acre open space/nature preserve featuring a hike and bike trail. As Westlake’s newest subdivision, the first house was permitted for construction in August 2009. Terra Bella is accessible from Dove Road and Sam School Road, on the eastern border of Westlake.
- Vaquero - Gently rolling hills and picturesque meadows comprise the private oasis of Vaquero, With approximately 333 homes, this guard-gated community surrounds a world-class golf course designed by Tom Fazio, complete with shimmering ponds and countless groves of majestic oaks. This subdivision offers the highest quality in home design and construction, maintain plus A strong sense of community pride abounds with state-of-the-art private club facilities and personalized concierge services all within this beautiful family enclave. Vaquero maintains its distinct identity with architectural and landscape design guidelines and an extensive community-landscaping program.
- Wyck Hill (formerly the Estates of Westlake)
- And coming soon...Granada!
The town owns and operates Westlake Academy, a prestigious and innovative charter school that offers all three programs of
the rigorous International Baccalaureate (IB) curriculum - Primary Years Program, Middle Years Program, and the
Diploma Program. Westlake Academy continues to maintain the rating of Exemplary, awarded by the Texas Education
Agency. Additionally, Westlake Academy has been nationally ranked by US News & World Report, Newsweek, and the
Westlake Academy inspires students to achieve their highest individual potential in a nurturing environment that fosters the
traits found in the IB Learner profile: Inquirers, Knowledgeable, Thinkers, Communicators, Principled, Open-minded, Caring,
Risk-takers, Balanced, and Reflective.
Maximizing Personal Development
Respect for Self and Others
Compassion and Understanding
Westlake Academy is an IB World School whose mission is to provide students with an internationally minded
education of the highest quality, so they are well-balanced and respectful life-long learners.
All Westlake residents are eligible to enroll at Westlake Academy, which is operated as a Texas public charter school by the
town. Nearly 700 students currently attend the academy in grades K-12th.
Images and Information Provided by: http://www.westlake-tx.org & Westlake Academy